On October 4th, the CCJHR will co-host a conference on Racism and Hate Crime in Ireland. An excellent line up of speakers will present at the event, addressing topics such as incitement to hatred, hate crimes, the role of the criminal law, Council of Europe human rights standards and institutionalised racism.
Racism and Hate Crimes in Ireland: Is the Legislative and Policy Framework Adequate?
Conference: 4th October 2013
Venue: Brookfield Health Science Building, College Road, Room G10, University College Cork
Time: 1.15 – 5.00pm (registration begins at 1.00pm)
hosted by NASC, the Irish Immigrant Support Centre and the Centre for Criminal Justice and Human Rights, UCC
- Michael Farrell, Member of the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) and Senior Solicitor with FLAC
- David Joyce, Barrister at Law, Member of the Irish Human Rights Commission and of the Board of the Equality Authority
- Deputy Aodhan O’Riordain, T.D.
- Stephen O’Hare, Policy and Research Officer, ICCL
- Carole-Anne O’Brien, BelongTo Youth Services
- Seamus Taylor, NUI Maynooth
- Jennifer Schweppe, University of Limerick
Chair: Prof Síobhán Mullally, Director, CCJHR, UCC
The conference is free to attend. To register, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3.5 CPD group hours available
There is no registration fee for this event, but advance booking is essential.